Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Loudest Wednesday

For the loudest brass ensemble music competition, I decided to submit a performance of the March from "The Pines of Rome" played by the Black Dyke Mills band and massed bands. It starts out very quiet, to the point where I couldn't even hear it on my laptop speakers at full volume. As the piece goes on, it keeps growing and growing until the very end, where there is a HUGE finale that gave me goosebumps and that natural high or rush feeling when I heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hirLZ-DLf4



I was going to also submit a movement of the "Mass for Mass Trombones," which is an ensemble of 77 trombones performing in a cathedral with approximately 11 different choirs spread out around the cathedral in different directions with a soloist in the center. I didn't think it was as loud as the "Pines of Rome," but it has its moments. I tried loading it onto the blog from my itunes, but I can't figure out how to get it onto here.

No comments:

Post a Comment