Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weirdest Wednesday


For Weirdest Wednesday, all I had prepared to play for the class was a J. J. Johnson and Kai Winding duet with rhythm section called "Going, Going, Gong." I had forgotten to sync my ipod the night before, so I didn't have what I wanted to play on it. Even if I had brought what I wanted to bring, it probably would've gotten disqualified due to the fact that it was not a brass ensemble. It was a recording of trombone and electronics, and this piece called "Hydra" which represents the Ancient Greek water monster with 3 heads. It is very unmusical (in my opinion), and displays a lot of strange methods of distorting sounds of water, and of the trombone. At one point, I believe the trombone is playing with his bell just sitting on the surface of the water, so it causes bubbles in his playing. I am trying to figure out how to get my itunes music transferred over to my blog, but so far I have been unsuccessful. Once I figure it out, I will come back and edit all of the posts that are supposed to have music links.


No comments:

Post a Comment